Tuesday 7 May 2013

Damocles Command Rhino - Update

It's been quite a while since I did any work on this project for a variety of reasons but I have made some progress on it recently:


After re-reading the Damocles specs in Imperial Armour and discovering that it's crewed by veterans from the chapter's command staff I figured that warriors of such renown would NEVER be out of reach of their boltguns. With this thought in mind, I stowed some within arms reach for them:


Due to the top panel shrinking considerably I decided to remodel the top of the Damocles. Since it's not a front line fighting vehicle I replaced the usual cupolas with a pair from the classic plastic Rhino kit that I got from a friend: 




There's still a lot of work to be done before the build is complete. I'd like to detail the underside of the top plate inside the crew compartment and I need to decide what I'm doing with the front armour amongst other things but it's getting there... slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! 1 question is the interior scratch built or part of the command kit? If scratch built can you show how you did the seating and consoles. Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete