Friday 4 October 2013

Mechanicum Thallax Cohort - Redux

With the Horus Heresy Book Two: Massacre looming ever closer with the rules for some very tasty Mechanicum units in it I decided to do a little more work on my Thallax Cohort (although I should really have been working on my Astartes for the HHE 'Time of Legends' challenge).

 Firstly I decided that in order to create a playable, if small army, that I wanted two 3 Thallax Cohorts as my compulsory troops choices with a Magos Dominus (that has been dispatched from Forge World this afternoon) as my HQ and if I can scrape together the money a Castellax Battle-Automata as well.

With this in mind I've secured a 6th Thallax so I can create the two Cohorts and re-based the existing 5 so that they can actually be gamed with and added a little more colour to them by repainting some of their armour plates to match their pauldrons

Alpha Cohort:


Theta Cohort:


When the 6th one arrives I'm going to set about converting his Lightning Gun to a Photon Thruster Cannon, a very nasty Mechanicum weapon that fires disintegrating beams of howling blackness that tear their screaming targets asunder, even armoured vehicles offer scant protection from their wrath. I'll also be getting the Magos Dominus assembled and painted as soon as I can as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment