Friday 30 May 2014

Lorgar Aurelian Primarch of the XVII Legiones Astartes

Well, it's been a long old slog but I think I've produced something I can be proud of:







I had originally envisaged portraying the Golden One during the vicious battle in the Urgall Depression on Isstvan V but part way through painting him decided that as I'd painted him in the crimson of the heretic placing him during the Shadow Crusade would be more fitting.

I can't remember if I've mentioned in a previous post or not but Lorgar is the first Primarch I've painted and I'm actually really glad I started with him. The simple lines of the mini allowed me to be able to get to grips with working at a larger than normal scale as well as the opportunity to try out some new metallic techniques and recipies.

Of course now I've painted one, I want to paint more and next up will be Horus Lupercal. After him, well there's another 16 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment