Sunday 16 February 2014

X-Wing Miniatures YT-1300 Conversion

I've never posted anything like this before because I've never done anything like this before. Many people will probably know that the Millennium Falcon is but one example of Corellian Engineering Corporations YT-1300 series. With this in mind and having acquired a second 'Falcon for my growing X-Wing fleet I decided to convert one of them so that I had two unique ships.

The first step was to remove the cockpit from the starboard side of the Falcon:



Once that was done the centre of the bow was trimmed down to allow me to position the cockpit there and the gaps left by the removal of the cockpit access corridor were filled with plasticard:


Finally for today the whole ship received a light spray of grey primer so it can be re-shaded and painted:



I'd be remiss if I didn't thank 'Tuz' over at Hobby Before I Die for the inspiration for this conversion as well as his fantastic step by step on how he did his which I haven't copied directly - I wanted my own unique YT-1300. You shoud go check out his blog as he's got some great miniatures stuff over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment