Tuesday 30 October 2012

Betrayal at Istvaan III Quartet Complete



As you can see from the photo above, after a slight mad dash for the finish I managed to get both the World Eater and Emperors Children Legionnaires completed last night:










I've really enjoyed doing this 'mini' project. It's been great fun trying to build characterful miniatures and experimenting to come up with fitting paint schemes for the individual legions. The mini's are now bound for my local Waterstones where they should be displayed alongside their Horus Heresy novels. More images and angles of the Death Guard and Sons of Horus miniatures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigofsparta/sets/

 I hope to add a Contemptor Dreadnought to this merry band in the next couple of weeks as well but have yet to pick a legion for him. Will I be doing more Heresy related projects in future? Well I've a couple in the works just now so the answer is a resounding yes, as for the details of them you'll just have to stay tuned...



3 comments:

  1. After buying the book now i´m also tempted to built several loyal-but-with-traitor-colors legionnaries... but my ultra´s army keep looking at me XD.

    Nice work, hope to see more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fellas, this was a really fun project and has definitely whetted my Heresy mini appetite, so there will be more stuff as and when I can afford FW stuff :D. Just found out that I'll definitely be getting the Betrayal book and Angron for my birthday and Christmas too...

    ReplyDelete