Wednesday 24 October 2012

Crusade/Heresy Era Death Guard Painting Tutorial Part II - Green and Details

In Part one of the tutorial I showed you how I painted the white armour plates on the Death Guard Cataphractii Terminator. Now that the messiest part of the painting is out of the way I'll move on to how I did the green armour plates and the details.

For the green armour you'll need the following paints:

As before I've used the paints I have personally. If you're using just 'new' Citadel paints then substitute colours as below:

Knarloc Green = Loren Green
Devlan Mud = Argrax Earthshade

The first layer is a 50/50 mix of Chaos Black and Knarloc Green


next carefully Drybrush the green areas with pure Knarloc Green followed by a 50/50 mix of Knarloc Green and Ulthuan Grey


Finally glaze the green with Waywatcher Green and once that's dry add a light glaze of Devlan Mud to tie tone of the green to the tone of the White.

Now you can finish the mini off by adding the detailing. I used Boltgun Metal washed with Devlan Mud and Badab Black for the iron areas. Brazen Brass washed with Devlan Mud for the brass aquila and Chaos Black highlighted with Adeptus Battlegrey then washed with Badab Black for the 'soft armour' and cabling, but that was just my preference.

If you have any questions or comments then please ask/leave them, thanks

James


No comments:

Post a Comment